On Friday, June 4, 2004 at 4:09:19 PM, you wrote:

JN> I'm trying to figure out how to work the chat thing.  It would be
JN> nice if there were some documentation, like what are the necessary
JN> preconditions to having incoming and outgoing messages within the
JN> chat folder.  Apart from learning how to operate it, though, I have a
JN> more prosaic concern:  my chatting companion says that there are
JN> icons on her toolbar that "light up" when an incoming chat message
JN> lands.  I have no such icons.  My toolbar looks the same as it did in
JN> version 2.10.x.  Should I uninstall and reinstall?  (I have just
JN> installed over the prior versions since going to v.2.)

I just don't understand the poor documentation.  That's what
turned me off The Bat! when I did my first trial, and I bet RIT loses
a lot of potential customers (and revenue) because of it.

Your buddy might be referring to the Mail Chat taskbar item (between
the Windows Start button and the systray).  In Windows XP, at least,
it flashes when a chat message arrives.

I notice in Account|Properties...|Chat|Notification Mode you can
choose between Flash Window and Aggressive Show.  Try changing these
settings to see what's better for you.

And to any RIT developers listening ... why the heck didn't you call
it Bat Chat! :)

--
Code 2  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
The Bat! version 2.11 on Windows XP Service Pack 1

On a plumber's truck: We repair what your husband fixed.