Lifted from TBUDL archives.

    * From: Allie Martin
    * Subject: Re: wide msag list cudos & re-installation question
    * Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 05:50:34 -0700

AM> Are you having any problems with memory leaking while using AMON?

  Not that I've realized.

JR> 3. A question: What does TB! do with an original AB when TB! is
JR> first un-installed & then re-installed in the same directory. For
JR> example, I see that TB! preserves all QTs but I can't find my
JR> original AB.

Have you looked in the installation directory?

Where is you mail data kept, in the Mail directory in your
installation directory, or are you using the newly supported location,
i.e., C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\BatMail

 I used the default/original/old directory structure, i.e. MAIN
 for all data files.

AM> You need to look in your data directory for files with the
AM> .abd extension. If they're present, you could try importing
AM> them.

JR> Ditto for personal dictionary & can't figure out how to re-install
JR> my common & virtual folders.

AM> You'll likely have to recreate the virtual folders.
AM> For the common folders, try a CTRL-Shift-Alt-L .

  Tried this which is part of the mystery. TB! restores only
  *some* of the common folders while ignoring others which
  leaves me with the question of how to get TB! to recognize them.

  The *.abd is devoid of all entries. So I don't get that either.

AM> Interesting problems. I'm sorry that I can't more solidly help
AM> since I've never actually uninstalled and then reinstalled
AM> TB!. I always just swap executables.

  I did that as well but I've found that on actually releases,
  it's sometimes better to clean out the old(er) files & start
  clean.

  In *any* event, it seems to me that a TB! re-installation
  shouldn't be such a mystery at this stage of development. This
  has been a long running issue of sorts -- perhaps even as long
  as your request for a wide msg list view. <g>

  If you or anyone has any further thoughts on my installation
  questions, I'd sure appreciate hearing from you.

  Thanks.

--
Jan Rifkinson
Ridgefield, CT USA