Sunday, June 13, 2004, 11:56:53 AM, Thomas Fernandez wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 09:41:02 +0200 GMT Tony wrote:

T>> [...] All people with good intentions. But sometimes a
T>> virus pops up. The sender just forwarded an infected
T>> mail to the list. I know it's a 'that happens once in a
T>> lifetime' example.

[...]

> If their system is immune, they won't catch a virus and won't spread
> it. If it is the duty of every internet user to stop spreading virus,
> outlaw OE/OL and you have the main problem fixed. Why are we
> discussing this here, by the way?

I think Tony is referring to the case where a user manually
forwards an email to a list, not realising that it carries a
virus payload. This can be done just as well with The Bat!
as with OE/OL. Of course the user must take responsibility
for their action, and not forward something without
understanding the implications, but in this case The Bat!
will not stop you forwarding the mail, though it might stop
you getting automatically infected.

Tim
--
Using The Bat! v2.11.02 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1