Hello admin,

Saturday, June 19, 2004, 6:58:32 PM, you wrote:
aacu> If I set The Bat up so that the Laptop is a client and the Desktop is
aacu> a Server then when I go away for a week and want to access email
aacu> directly on the laptop...

aacu> How I would I do that?

If you are talking about the TCP/IP modes listed under Network and
Administration, I don't think that relates to what you were
discussing. (I could be wrong)

What you are asking about is how to access a single mail base from
more than one machine. The only protocol that provides that is IMAP.
Anything else would have some issues.

If you still use POP, then you'd have to access the same files to have
the same effect. If you were away for a week, I guess you'd need to
copy all the mail base files and take them with you first.  And when
you returned, you would copy all the mail base files back.  I don't
think too many people do that.  But you'd then have everything the
very same in both places.

I guess you want to try out all the options. And see what suits you
best.  And if there seem some shortfalls in how it works out still,
you can pose them.  With the speed of wired and wireless networks
these days, things are probably not too constricting.  Just try
everything.

You were saying, how you had it, that outgoing mails were filtered to
the Sent folder. It sounds like where most people would want them
placed.

 Adam