Hallo Alexander,

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 02:18:45 +0400GMT (22-6-2004, 0:18 +0200, where I
live), you wrote:

AG> Can anyone explain advantages and disadvantages of keeping attachments
AG> in message bodies and in specific directory?

What comes first to mind is that keeping attachments in the
message body costs space. MIME encoded files are a third bigger than
their original, so keeping attachments in a separate directory saves
space.

When you're having lots of messages with big attachments, your message
base files grow a lot and that might slow TB down.

Those are the major disadvantages with inline attachments. The
advantages of storing attachments in-line are:

When you're moving messages from account to account the attachments
stay with the message.

--
Groetjes, Roelof

Disclaimer: Any opinion stated in this message is not necessarily shared by my budgies
or rabbits.