Hallo Costas,

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 20:56:39 +0300GMT (14-7-2004, 19:56 +0200, where I
live), you wrote:

CP> How  can  I  ensure  that the following entry in a quick template will
CP> appear on a single line in the message where I use it?

CP> %SetHeader("X-Archive","expiry=0")Using The Bat! v%THEBATVERSION on
CP> %WINDOWSPLATFORMNAME
CP> %WINDOWSMAJORVERSION.%WINDOWSMINORVERSION Build%
CP> %WINDOWSBUILDNUMBER %WINDOWSCSDVERSION

You could set it at one single line in the QT, since the text it
generates is so short that it won't come on multiple lines

CP> Also, what is the meaning of the %- characters that I sometimes see in
CP> quick templates?

The meaning of the %- macro is that the end of line character
immediately after the macro will be forgotten by the editor, so this:
Roe%-
lof O%-
tt%-
en
Will result in this:
Roelof Otten
Most often this is done to enhance the readability

So the macro you proposed could be written as:
%SetHeader("X-Archive","expiry=0")%-
Using The Bat! v%THEBATVERSION on %WINDOWSPLATFORMNAME
%WINDOWSMAJORVERSION.%WINDOWSMINORVERSION Build% %WINDOWSBUILDNUMBER %WINDOWSCSDVERSION
Thus Splitting it in a distinct header part of the template that
doesn't have any text implications for the message body, since leaves
no trail whatsoever. And a text part that inserts some numbers.

Of course you could break up that latter sentence into two or more
parts, would give something like this:
%SetHeader("X-Archive","expiry=0")%-
Using The Bat! v%THEBATVERSION on %WINDOWSPLATFORMNAME %-
%WINDOWSMAJORVERSION.%WINDOWSMINORVERSION Build% %-
%WINDOWSBUILDNUMBER %WINDOWSCSDVERSION
This would give the same result as the previous template, but I think
the readability diminishes.

--
Groetjes, Roelof

Disclaimer: Any opinion stated in this message is not necessarily shared by my budgies
or rabbits.