M I C C U L L E N, [MIC] wrote:

> I'd like my lines to wrap at about 80 characters, but can't seem
> to get it to happen. I'm using the Plain Text (Windows) editor as I
> HATE non-proportional fonts, even though I'd like some of the
> features of the Micro-Ed editor...

> Oh, it happens on screen when I'm composing the email, but it
> arrives at its destination unwrapped.

It's not you but TB!. It's a limitation with the use of that editor.

TB! originally had only MicroEd. MicroEd is special in that when it
wraps as you type, it hard wraps. You'll see what I mean if you type a
few lines of text in MicroEd and copy and paste it to notepad. Toggle
notepad's wrapping on and off and the text remains wrapped. With this
behaviour comes the advantage of not needing the wrap on send feature
which is what most other e-mail clients use since their editors don't
really wrap while editing. Soft-wrapping occurs and then the text is
reflowed upon sending.

The Windows editor for TB! was introduced so that those who don't like
the cursor behaviour as well as other aspects of MicroEd could have a
more familiar solution. Unfortunately TB! will not wrap on sending so
the text is sent unwrapped.

Your only solution would be to hit the return key when you're near to
80 characters and do the hard wrapping yourself, switch back to
MicroEd or ignore the problem. I use MicroEd only.

--
-=[ Allie Martin ]=-