Peter Ballantyne, [PB] wrote:

> That's a very worth while advantage I had not understood before.
> Thank you for pointing it out. I will try using MicroEd again and
> see if this thread will help me to get a grasp on what I suspect is
> really a very well designed little editor.

Your concern for making your text appear nicely formatted for your
recipients will make you get along well with MicroEd. The options are
nothing to worry about since they really only adjust cursor behaviour
and formatting options. It's truly WYSIWYS, in that what you see is
what you send.

Your main hurdles will be getting accustomed to the free caret, i.e.,
the phenomenon of being able to move the caret anywhere in the editor
and just start typing. While that provides obvious advantages, many
have grown accustomed to the usual ways in which the caret's movements
are restricted.

The other thing to grow accustomed to is text reflowing and how it
works. Using Alt-L vs Autoformat and finally settling on your default
approach.

Good luck and enjoy!

--
-=[ Allie Martin ]=-