n>> The Bat! launches multiple copies of FireFox when I click an
n>> http:// or ftp:// link in an email...

n>> Hopefully, someone can provide instructions to fix this or
n>> at least some possible clues to look for...

DH> Aside from the fixes already provided, you can configure Firefox to
DH> open any url that you copy to the windoze clipboard. IOW, instead of
DH> clicking on the link, you just select and copy it. Firefox will then
DH> open a new tab in an already open window, automatically.

DH> This is a feature you can chose to use or not use, and I don't
DH> recall whether this option came with the stock Firefox or whether it
DH> was included with one of the extensions I added to Firefox.

DH> If you're interested and can't find the option, I can tell which
DH> extensions (there weren't that many) I added.

DH> (Since this has nothing to do with TB!, you might want to answer off
DH> tbudl or move it to tbot).

The Tabbrowser extension does a very nice job of managing tabs in
Firefox.  There are also some user.js settings that can be added to
ensure new URLs open in a tab, rather than starting new instances of
Firefox.

This is getting off topic, so anyone who's interested can e-mail me
directly for more details.

--
Code 2  :canadaflag:  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
The Bat! version 2.12.00 on Windows XP Service Pack 1