Hello Andre Wichartz,

31-Jul-2004 14:37, you wrote:

> It is my opinion that the default collection should only include the
> most basic of smilies and only for ascii smilies, not for words. I'm
> thinking about :)=happy, :(=sad etc

...I rest my case.

I receive an email newsletter with a listing of new CD releases that has a
list like this...

 A)
 B)
 C)
 etc.

...imagine my surprise when the B) was replaced by a smiley... :-} That
happens with everything when people are overdoing it. Thus, I've turned the
smilies off completely (I didn't like the unequal line distance when
smilies are being used within text [like :-) this] very much, either.

And, I beg for pardon, it is really a lot easier to understand "GDR"
(grinning, ducking, running) than a graphical interpretation of it... :-P

 Alexander

The real danger is not that computers will begin to think like men, but
that men will begin to think like computers. -- Sydney J. Harris