Hello,

Just installed Bayesit 0.5.11 and had a couple of problems that I
thought I would share.  I have managed to work around them, but
hopefully it is something that can get fixed in the future.

After I deleted all traces of the old version, I installed the new
one, then started TB and added the plugin.  everything *seemed* to be
fine.

Next I wanted to start training it with my saved spam, so I
highlighted the 2232 spam messages I had saved for training. I watched
the little 'status window' count through all those messages and *try*
to close the status window. That was as far as things got. The TB and
my system hung to the point where C-A-Del was needed to restart the
system. End Task did not even work.

OK ... so re-boot, remove bayes it and all traces of data, re-install
and do the same thing using the 2545 *NON* spam messages and this
worked just fine.  Go figure.

Everything seemed to be fine, so I went back to Spam training.  But
this time I processed it in blocks of between 300 and 450 messages and
everything seemed to work fine.

I think this has something to do with trying to move the processed
messages from my "holding" folder to the Junk folder.  When I did the
spam training in those smaller blocks, the processed messages were
moved from my "spam archive" folder to the "junk" folder.  But when I
had tried to process the whole batch at once, nothing was moved.

In any event, I now seem to have a working Bayesit <whew>

 MikeD                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using The Bat! v2.12.00 on Windows ME 4.90 Build  3000