Hi MAU,

MAU> Hello Doug,

>> I wish that the search mechanism was more user friendly.

MAU>  I have just now clicked on Tools/Search to open the Search Tool. I
MAU>  copied and pasted "I wish that the search mechanism was more user
MAU>  friendly" from your message and pasted it in the 'Search for'. Under
MAU>  'Scope' I selected 'Body' and in 'Look in folders' I selected 'TBUDL'
MAU>  (which is the folder I move the messages from this list) and clicked
MAU>  Start button. And guess what! It found your message!

Ah, *without* though the quotation marks!  I never tried a phrase
without those.  Does it actually mention this in the Help File?

Thanks. Now I think I understand.  And if I want 2 words not in a phrase
I type word1 & word2

I wonder if there will be a Version 3 help file. :-)

Doug

--
Doug Weller  Moderator, sci.archaeology.moderated
Submissions to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]