Hello, again, everyone.

On Thursday, 23 September 2004, I sent a query
to this list about a problem that I am having in
evaluating The Bat 3.0 as a replacement for
Outlook XP/2002 (under Windows XP Professional,
SP 1).

I believe that my problem stems from the fact
that The Bat does not yet offer Unicode support,
but I could be wrong. I could easily be doing
something wrong, or just plain stupid. ;-)

Because I have Russian-speaking friends in Ukraine
and Russian (including my fiancee in Odessa, Ukraine),
I send many e-mail messages that contain Cyrillic text,
which is easy to do with Thunderbird, because I can
use UTF-8 encoding (but The Bat is much more powerful).
I have absolutely no problems with Russian/English
messages in Outlook, but I want a more secure, and
powerful, e-mail client.

My workaround for the text of my messages is to use
a default character set of KOI8-R, but, for some reason,
my signature file, which contains an excerpt of a Pushkin
poem in Russian, will NOT import into my TB messages:

DMD> I am using the following "cookie" setup in my
DMD> preferences for the account I am using for testing,
DMD> inserting a new line character (\n) at the end of
DMD> each line, as instructed by the on-line help,
DMD> %COOKIE="C:\pushkin-signature-unicode-koi8-r.txt".

I used the evaluation version of the Unicode text editor
EmEditor to create the signature file. Because I am only
able to use my signature file successfully in Outlook,
I do not know if the problem lies with my Russian/English
text file or with TB itself. (I have the same problem,
by the way, with Thunderbird, which is Unicode-compliant!)

I apologize for mentioning this problem a second time,
but I received no response to my query, nor has RITLabs
support offered any suggestions.

My decision on whether to use TB hinges, in part, on
resolving this problem -- and I would appreciate any
suggestions, or even a response.

Thank you very much, in advance!

Cordially,

David

P.S. -- I apologize if rementioning a topic is in
violation of TBUDL protocol, but we are all aware of
the support situation with TB, and the lack of a
manual in printed or PDF format. (At the risk of
sounding crass, I would LOVE to be able to "RTFM"!)
--
David M. Dickerson <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
* * *

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/

________________________________________________ Current version is 3.00.00 | 'Using TBUDL' information: http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html