Hello Anthony,

old message...
AGA> When I create a new rule and try to move it with Alt and the mouse, if I
AGA> slip it downwards instead of upwards, I usually get an access violation,
AGA> like the message attached.  Access violations then occur each time I try
AGA> to edit the filters, until I stop and restart TB.  Nothing is corrupted
AGA> and everything works fine after I restart the client.

My reply...

I would like to speak a little about operating system stability and
the Bat!.  The Bat is written in a very high level language that does
not touch deep operating system problems.  Since the Bat! only works
on Windows machines, people really need to look to their OS before
complaining.

Microsoft Windows, all version, are, by nature, self corrupting.  They
store data incorrectly, never clean themselves up and work off a
registry that is not self correcting.  I know this and say this
because I worked for 16 years in Redmond Washington, for Microsoft.

Engineers who work on windows all follow this simple rule:  Every six
months, backup your important data, not the programs, and reformat the
hard drive, and reinstall windows.  Then reinstall the programs and
copy back the data.  I have done this ever since windows 95, and have
never had any problems with programs giving Access Violations.  The
Bat! has always worked well for me.  It has been tough to learn, and I
wish they would document, but the program, now at version 3.02.1 works
flawlessly.

So, before you jump on the instability of The Bat!, backup, reformat
and reinstall.  You will be amazed at the speed of your new machine
and how stable it is. Every six months...I am not kidding.

Personal note:  for me, it takes about 6 hours every six months.  I
keep my music and pictures on multiple removable drives so that they
are always backed up.  I format it, and reinstall, which takes about
an hour, then I reinstall the programs I need, not everything I have.
 Every six months, and I have two very stable windows machines.