LJ> I had to reload Windows OS (Win98SE) today.  I make it a practice to keep
LJ> applications off the C: drive whenever possible, so that it is mostly
LJ> a matter of getting the registry updated correctly.

LJ> So, I have the data files for TheBat! intact on separate drive.  I'm
LJ> currently a version of TheBat! on another machine in order to pick up
LJ> email.

LJ> I haven't been able to figure out how to re-install TheBat! and make
LJ> the original data files accessible.  After re-install, TheBat! asks
LJ> for a new account to be setup.  I would just as soon use all the old
LJ> account information but I haven't found how I can direct TheBat! to
LJ> use it.

LJ> Has anyone had to do something like this and can recommend an
LJ> approach.

    I had this problem once.  It was a while ago so I might be wrong
in my advice.  I think typed in the name of the old account when it
asked me for a new account name.  It will recognize the folders and
<pop> you should see all of your old folders and messages.

Hope this helps!

--
David Shepherd
[EMAIL PROTECTED]