Good evening Roelof,

on Tue, 26 Oct 2004 18:59:58 +0200 GMT your local time you wrote:

RO> As you can see in my messages in this thread, I'm not quite in favour
RO> of people doing this like you're suggesting.

well,  Roelof, I can understand your point of view - and it isn't a new one.
In  Fidonet  this discussion lasted at least 10 years :-) Of course, without
any  well accepted result.

In  general  I  agree  that  no  software shall alter a message. But isn't a
message also altered in transit by adding header lines? I really trust in TB
*because*  it saves messages exactly that way the user wrote it and does not
alter it before or after sending.

But!  If  I (the user) instruct TB to add a special header after sending the
message  then it happens on my request, with my knowledge. It is exactly the
way *I* want it to be and therefore TB should be allowed to do so. Of course
as an option which is inactive by default.

RO> But as usual it is possible to do what you want with a
RO> filter, the filter below will do what you want:

Yes, that is possible but very unhandy. A simple switch would make life much
easier ;-) and wouldn't have all the drawbacks your filter has.

Let  me  make  a  third  suggestion:  The  best  way to keep track about the
date/time  a  message  has  actually  been  sent would be an addition to the
database.  TB  must  only  save  the references to the sent messages and the
date/time  of  sending. This information could, for example, be displayed in
the headers context menu.

Your opinion?

--
Regards,
 Peter

  Using Ritlabs SecureBat! 2.12.4 (OS: Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2)