Hi Bill,

BM> I have now read the thread and am confused by your comment in
BM> <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

PN>> I have checked "continue processing" despite the fact that this
PN>> filter is the last in my list of filters. I don't have any "common
PN>> filters." The results are the same.

BM> Whether or not you checked "continue processing," the fact that your
BM> "New Rule" filter is the last filter AND it performs no action means
BM> that your filters should not perform any differently whether "New
BM> Rule" is present or not. It appears to make no sense that deleting
BM> solved any problem.

  Let me see if I can clarify because I think the two filters are being
  confused (no doubt because of my sloppy writing in the message you
  cite). The filter I created and asked for help with was "Yahoo! Groups
  Notification" (YGN, for short). There was another filter however, "New
  Rule" (NR, for short), that I didn't discover until later.

  YGN was the last filter in the list, and NR was farther up the list
  where I couldn't see it until I started from the top and scanned
  downward. In the passage you quote from me I was referring to the fact
  that I had checked "continue processing" in YGN, not in NR.

  At Allie's suggestion I moved YGN to the top of the list and when I
  did that, it moved my message as it should have. That caused me to
  look for another filter in my list that might have been operating on
  the message before it got to my YGN filter, which incidentally your
  suggestion to test the filter should have also alerted me to do. I
  found NR and after I deleted it (NR) other filters, not yet mentioned
  but which were also below NR, moved a couple of messages that were
  still in my Inbox.

  Does that clear up the sequence?

--
Regards,
 Perry

Using The Bat! v3.0.1.33 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2