Hello Dave,

Wednesday, November 3, 2004, 5:24:51 AM, you wrote:

DT> How do you install this Bayesit filter?

First unarchive the TBP file someplace in either the TB executable
tree or the data tree. I put mine in Prg_files/TheBat/Bayesit

Go to Options / PLugins.

Click add and then point at the bayesit.tbp file, click OK and you are
basically done.  It will then be set up with some defaults.  You will
then need to train it before it will be any good at recognizing spam.
There are two ways to do that.

First, just continue to receive mail as you do now and for each spam
you find, use the menu Specials - Mark as Spam (I have assigned that
to Alt-J (for junk) on my system).  It will have assumed everything is
"ham" (i.e. non-spam) until you mark it as such, so you don't have to
do anything about those.

Or, if you have saved some spam and some "ham" messages saved on your
system, you can save some time by training it on those messages using
the specials 'mark as junk' and 'mark as not junk' to "get a leg up"
as it were. Just be sure to get at least as much ham as spam in your
training so that it has a good idea what it good stuff or you will end
up with a lot of false positives.

 MikeD                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using The Bat! v3.0.2.1 on Windows ME 4.90 Build  3000