Was it 15. novembar 2004 when Cristina wrote:

CR> I don't know EDXOR, but I use NOTESPAD which allows you to open larger

I'm using the Metapad which has no filesize limit, bunch of features,
multilanguage support and a lot, lot more... and all that in 94kb!
Check it out on http://liquidninja.com/metapad/

Or maybe you could be interested in sligtly bigger but powerful TextEd
Short review: http://www.varnus.com/site/products/texted/index.htm

CR> In Windows 98 I had it renamed notepad.exe too. But in XP I can't.

This is what it says in the Metapad's FAQ (and it worked for me):

Q:  How do I replace notepad under Windows XP?
A:  System File Protection is in full effect. This is what worked for
me (but not many others):

Locate the filelist.xml file in the WINDOWS\system32\Restore folder
and back up a copy of it. Open this file in Notepad and look in this
section:
        <Exclude>
            <REC>%windir%\system.ini</REC>
            <REC>%windir%\tasks\desktop.ini</REC>
            <REC>%windir%\win.ini</REC>
            <REC>*:\AUTOEXEC.BAT</REC>
            <REC>*:\CONFIG.MSI</REC>
            <REC>*:\CONFIG.SYS</REC>
        </Exclude>

Add the line:
            <REC>%windir%\notepad.exe</REC>

to the list of Excluded files. Now you should be able to overwrite notepad.exe.

You can also try the following to get around System File Protection.
Be very quick or XP will replace the file and it won't work. Make sure
you don't have the WinXP CD-ROM in your drive!

Copy metapad renamed as Notepad.exe to the clipboard.
Go to C:\WINDOWS\System32\dllcache
Paste the file there.
Go to C:\WINDOWS\System32 (using Backspace)
Paste the file there.
QUICKLY! Go back to C:\WINDOWS (another Backspace) and paste the file there.

If you have done this correctly, a message should pop up saying that a
bad version of a Windows System file has been installed. Make sure you
select 'Keep this file' or a similar option. If it doesn't work, keep
trying, because it will. Just do the two pastes very fast.

--
           ((((( Good Vibrations )))))
               [EMAIL PROTECTED]

[M] Painting, n.:
    The art of protecting flat surfaces from the weather,
    and exposing them to the critic.
    - Ambrose Bierce