Hello [EMAIL PROTECTED],

Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 1:05:23 AM, you wrote:

DR> Hello TBUDL,

DR>   Stated a discount on win-rar
DR> http://www.win-rar.com/discount?ritlabs
DR>   Never used it before. Is it better than zip? I have received a
DR>   couple files before in .rar format but most often they are .zip.

WinRar is better than zip.

My main preference is that when a compressed/archived file is split
into parts each part has a distinct file name. Zip uses the same file
name so that you cannot copy the various files into the one
folder/directory to process them.

Other more expert people have found other benefits in the compression
algorithm used.

--

Paul

 Using The Bat! v3.0.1.33 on Windows XP
5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2

...Hard work never killed anyone...but why take a chance?