Hello Scott Frederick & everyone else,

on 11-Jan-2005 at 21:40 you (Scott Frederick) wrote:

> I have deleted the .tbi file (after backing up) it has been rebuilt.

> I can read the contents of the folder now and open messages but I still
> can't download into this account. The messages are downloading but not
> appearing in the inbox or being filtered into any sub folders.

It happened to me once that deleting the .tbi file alone did not help, the
messagebase itself was corrupted and had a "hole" - one entry in the
message list was without any subject or other information.

I fixed it by manually re-building the messagebase:

- turn off threading (ALT+0)
- mark all existing messages (CTRL+A)
  (*except* a possible "hole" as described above, of course)
- export them to a unix mailbox (menu Tools | Export ... | Unix... )
- quit the program
- go to the data directory of the inbox
- *move* the .tbb file (the actual messagebase) away to a safe place
  (just in case you need it again ...you never know)
- delete the .tbi file (the directory should be empty now)
- restart TheBat (Inbox will be empty)
- import the messages from the unix mailbox again
  (menu Tools | Import... | Unix...)

Maybe it helps.

> A second account has now developed the same problem.

Hmmm. Are you running any plugins, or have you recently installed/changed a
program like a Virus scanner or a Firewall that could interfere with TB's
normal operation?

 Alexander (http://www.neurowerx.de - ICQ 238153981)

Dilbert's Words of Wisdom: I love deadlines. I especially like the
whooshing sound they make as they go flying by.