>>Last time I was away, it cost me 640 GBP in telephone costs to keep my clients
>> websites maintained and to access email.

A> Hmmm... why not a laptop with a local ISP sub? That's about decade's worth of
A> dial-up in the US (Netscape $ US 9.95/Mo, 5 GBP after conversion?)! Can't be
A> that much more expensive in Canada.

I've been using Gric for a long time now. It's a roaming service that
seems to partner with a lot of UK ISPs. Download the latest list of
dial-up numbers before you leave, then when you tell it your new
location it will show all available local numbers.  Your regular ISP
logon will work on the partnered systems.

However, recently I've found that hotel broadband for about $10 US
/day is a good bet. Even better, I never seem to be far away from an
unsecured WiFi connection which I use for my POPs that support secure
communications. Apple stores are also a great place to connect for
free - although I feel the need to boot into Linux at the time so as
not to be too rude ;-)

--
 Nick

TheBat! v3.0.1.33 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2