Hi David,

on Fri, 11 Feb 2005 17:46:31 +0000GMT, you wrote:

DB> Has anyone any on the list any experience of using TB! from a USB
DB> drive using Thomas's DynBat?

Sorry no, I haven't.

DB> My German isn't great and I wanted to be sure before I try it out.

DB> see here for a translated page
DB> http://tinyurl.com/5cdpm

DB> or here for the original
DB> http://www.thebatworld.de/system/sections/index.php?op=viewarticle&artid=120

DB> Basically you have a full installation on the USB drive yes?

My German is quite good, and that's how I understand it.

DB> and I guess you need to synchronise between the home installation
DB> and the USB, assuming of course you wanted two.

Probably, but I'm not sure.

DB> So what does DynBat actually do?

It looks like it is running The Bat! from the USB stick alone, no
matter on which computer.

DB> Does TB maintain full functionality?

I believe so. All data are on the USB stick, so I think it will work.
I haven't tried it though, because I have The Bat! on my hard disk,
and there is no need to transport it to other computers.

--
Cheers
Peter

Remember there's a big difference between
kneeling down and bending over.
Frank Zappa

Winamp currently playing: Electric Prunes - Kyrie Eleison