Thomas Fernandez writes:

> Over a hundred.

I don't have that many, but TB still falls behind on the filters (as far
as I can tell).

> 30 seconds is very often. What do you need that for?

It's not often at all on a 100 Mbps network.  It costs nothing and I get
my e-mail in nearly real time that way.

> I check every ten minutes, but the first check in the morning
> downloads 200-300 messages. It used to be a download into one account,
> but now it is distributed over six accounts, so that is better.

I check eight different accounts, but only one is checked every 30
seconds.  The others are checked at intervals ranging up to 2 hours,
since they receive far less traffic.

In any case, if the Connection Center is open when I try to click on
anything in a folder into which new mail has been placed, I typically
get an address violation fault.

--
Anthony
Using The Bat! v3.0.1.33 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600