Dear Jeff,

@27-Mar-2005, 18:14 Jeff Gaines [JG] in
mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

... <snip>

JG> Can anybody tell me the mechanics of TB! starting up that causes
JG> this file to be written to the temp folder - I am concerned that
JG> my MAPI has been hi-jacked.

No such!

This is simple. You have an incoming message that is infected. TB is
checking mail on startup, downloading messages. Each is downloaded to
temp before it is processed and imported. Mrs. Overbearing Nanny (NAV)
is pouncing on the infected file before TB can handle it and NAV is
removing it without any consideration. TB forlornly looks around for
the file it was processing, sniffs a couple of times and collapses in
a sobbing heap at the loss of the inbound data. Because Nanny has
stopped TB from importing the message, it remains unprocessed and
un-downloaded. And thus, the next time you run TB, the same dance is
performed.

Your choices are:

1) Use the message dispatcher in TB to remove the infected message
from the server.

2) Retire nanny for a less overbearing and more effective product like
AVG or Kaspersky or NOD.

--
Cheers --  //.arck D Pearlstone -- List moderator and fellow end user
TB! v3.0.9.10 Return on Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2