   ***^\     ."_)~~
 ~( __ _"o   Was another beautiful day, Tue, 5 Apr 2005,
   @  @      at 17:36:21 +0200, when Alexander S. Kunz wrote:

> I am self confident enough that I don't need any approval for my
> attitude and position.

> Please, stop analyzing me, Mica.

Alexander, I do am aware, excellently, that you are self confident, and
it indeed is not my business or I would find appropriate to deal with
it, in any personal way.

But I also *have* to say, that what I indeed find very appropriate for
analyzing are the attitudes and technics you (and all of us) are
presenting here, on a public list, related to usage of software. After
all, we are all here exactly for such an activity, to analyze and to
think about all presented views, opinions and experiences, in order to
apply the results in our practice.

If you, or anyone else, for any reason, and in any moment, cannot
*distinguish/discriminate* these two elementary things, then of course
that communication makes no sense and is fruitless.

The outcome of such (temporal or more durable) inability of ours to
recognize difference between these two things, leads to the "famous"
(and lately already a pretty boring too) feeling that someone is
"personally attacked" and/or treated in any other or similar *personal*
way, just by exposing to an analyze the *technics* s/he utilizes.

Please, let's recollect ourselves and bring our activities here to a
more effective level, putting aside a bit these so vulnerable
"personalities" whining after us all the time. Is that somehow possible?

"Self confidence" can be (and often is!) built even without any special
*content*, or even on a totally *wrong* content. This is *not* my
target, I do not point to it, and I am not interested in it, as a member
of this, "expert", list.

And, if some elements of our personalities are not distinguished well
enough from elements of our topics here, it's not "my business" to
"correct" this, and to "treat" this at all.

But, if such lack of enough effective discrimination spoils the purpose
and diminishes fruitfulness of the activities of the list itself, then
I, as a member of this list, have full and legitimate *rights* to
complain and to point this, and to call for corrections.

This letter, in reply to Alexander's, is addressed to *whole* list.

If I am wrong, in any part, please, you all, *let* me know, and I will
correct myself, *immediately*.

But, again, seek to use a good, *solid* arguments, based on well read
and well considered contents.

"Arguments" of a type "the earth is pizza-like, and I have 6 (or even
thousands of) friends who will affirm/'witness/attest/certify' that
too", will make no difference.

Thanks!

- --
Mica
PGP keys nestled at: http://bardo.port5.com/pgpkeys/
[Earth LOG: 216 day(s) since v3.0 unleashing]
OSs: Windows 98 SE Micro Lite Professional IVa Enterprise Millennium
     with nestled ZipSlack(tm) 9.1, and, for TB sometimes, Gentoo
     and Vector via Wine...
 ~~~ For PM please use my full address as it is *exactly* given in my
                     "From|Reply To" field(s). ~~~