Hello Steve!

On Friday, May 13, 2005, 10:51 AM, you wrote:

> Not on my Pro version it doesn't.

> I am sitting on the message, highlighted the text to be quoted,
> pressed f4 (or shift reply) and all it does is open a new message
> window prepopulated with an email address and subject.

Are you using Folder View, reading a received message?

On Shift-plus-reply, in that window, here the entire text body of the
received message is quoted.

BUT, this is important: Shift-plus-Reply arrow (the icon) will quote
only the selected (highlighted) text.

If you are experiencing a different behavior, I suspect you of having
a faulty copy of The Bat!

I'm a rank amateur, and I used to be even more of a novice. But, my
first evaluation copy--of TB! v. 1.61--lacked Preview Pane capability.
(I didn't even know at that time what a Preview Pane was.)

Anyway, in trying to help me, the folks on TBUDL gave instructions I
couldn't follow, and it turned out I had a deficient downloaded copy.
An uninstall, re-download, and re-install cured my woes.

Just a thought.

This may not be your problem at all. Anyway, welcome aboard, and I'm
glad to vicariously meet an old friend of Marck and Miguel and others
that I've grown to value here. :)

Mary
The Bat! 3.5 Return RC9 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2