Hello Steve!

On Friday, May 13, 2005, 10:51 AM, you wrote:

> I am sitting on the message, highlighted the text to be quoted,
> pressed f4 (or shift reply) and all it does is open a new message
> window prepopulated with an email address and subject.

Steve, it's quite possible that the old pros who are suspecting
templates are correct.

Look in Account/Properties/Templates/Reply

See if you have anything there.

Here's what I have--but I have a lot of Address Book entry templates,
also, and they over-ride the Account template. On advice from Marck
and others, I don't use Folder templates:

Hello %OFromFName,

%ODateEn, %OTimeLongEn, you wrote:

%Quotes
%Cursor

 %FromFName

Hope this helps.

Mary
The Bat! 3.5 Return RC9 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2