--On 14 May 2005 23:49 +0200 AJ Blisten wrote about...
The Bat! v3.5 Final fails to install...:

It seems like The Bat setup file (thebat_professional.smi) are searching
for a file to start the uninstall process of the old version. And when the
setup file doesn't find the file it obviously need to start that process
the whole installation process stops!

I have never installed The Bat on this machine. Most people on this list know how I make backups and also how I transfer from one PC to another. I just backed up registry entries, copied the whole TB folder from one machine to another and run the reg file.

The Bat doesn't appear in my add/remove list and the latest msi file installed without a hitch. It will show up in the list now as I run the installer but I personally don't think that's your problem.

--

Tony.

M.