Hello Martin,

On 16 May 2005, 19:48 you wrote:

>> TB! has been running for about 14 hours or so:

>> thebat.exe

>> Mem Usage: 83,372K
>> Peak Mem Usage: 95,692
>> VM Size: 76,108K

>> Upon exiting and restarting, Mem Usage is 27,135K

>> Anyone else seeing the sort of Mem Usage growth that I'm seeing here?

> Yes, very similar. Memory usage was around 150M after twenty hours
> or so. After a restart it's back to 30M. I'm using a single IMAP
> account and the Avast plug-in.

I've been monitoring this over the past couple of days and reckon it's
linked to browsing messages. I'm certainly confident it's not caused
by receiving messages; an increase in memory usage only occurs if I'm
actively using TB!, i.e. viewing messages. Memory usage didn't
increase over an eight hour period while I was away from my desk. TB!
was checking for mail every minute: a tad under 1,000 messages
received.

Try this. Restart TB! and note memory usage. Now browse your messages
with PTV or RTV and you'll see memory usage increase (just keep
clicking on messages.) Every time I choose another message or folder
the memory footprint grows. The RTV has the added problem that
messages larger than about 1M consume heaps of memory.

--
As ever,
  .\\artin | ICQ 15893823

"One of the greatest pains to human nature is the pain of a new idea."
WALTER BAGEHOT, 1826

IMAP Client: The Bat! Version 3.5 Return RC9
IMAPS Server: Dovecot | OS: Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2)