Hello [EMAIL PROTECTED],

a> When I receive an e-mail with an attached document, I am unable to
a> directly open the document with a double click because the file name
a> for the document has a ".aq" exentension that is added to the file
a> name.  This extension is added automatically to all received mail.
a> (Thus, in order to open the document I am forced to first save it to
a> my hard drive and then open it. This is a waste of time) Is The Bat
a> adding this extension to incoming attached files, is my AV software
a> (Computer Associates eTrust eZ Antivirus), or, is my operating system
a> doing this?

You can cross Computer Associates eTrust eZ Antivirus off the list,as
it works just fine on my PC with The Bat.

Good luck.

Sorry about my earlier message missing the quote; am finding the new
layout of the digest or the new version of the Bat no longer work with
my old automatic reply template. With computing we regularly have to
scrap everything and start from scratch.

--

Paul

 Using The Bat! v3.5 on Windows XP
5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2

...Can't learn to do it well? Learn to enjoy doing it badly!