Hello Chris,

> When I ALT-click on some entry in the message list, The Bat! goes into
> what I call ALT Search Mode. This works just fine. However, there does
> not seem to be any indication that The Bat! is in this mode. Is there
> some visual indication of this that I am missing?

No, this is definitely missing. And would, at the same time, solve the
next problem, too:

> Should ALT Search Mode disable itself when switching from folder to
> folder. I can see advantages for doing so and not doing so.

No I don't think it should. If it is clearly marked that you are
ALT-filtering there would be no doubt.

I'd propose (don't know if thats possible) to make the column have a
colored (grey or something) background, like in XP Windows Explorer
the column you sort by (saying this I realize this could confuse some
people...as it does not indicate sorting...).

Better maybe: have the column header marked.

--
Martin
TB! 3.5.25 on Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2