--- Bob Morris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The only thing that is driving me mad is that The
> Bat! now
> periodically "freezes" either in the view folder
> screen when reading
> messages or in the main screen. Other programs can
> be accessed alright
> but The Bat! just sits there not responding to
> anything. I have tried
> leaving it sit up to about half an hour, thinking
> that maybe there was
> some background task going on but it stays locked
> up. The only way out
> is to CTRL-ALT-DEL and to then close it using
> Windows Task Manager.
> This seems to happen about once or twice a day - I
> can't pick any
> pattern with other programs interacting with it.
>
> Any suggestions or work arounds appreciated

I have experienced something very similar. I have
3.50.28 installed and, though TB! seems fine on
startup, whenever I select an email for display, the
program halts. CPU resources are pinned at 100%. TB!
registers as not responding and I have to terminate
the task. To be clear, I can do other functions within
TB! just fine. I can mess with preferences. I can and
have run several integrity checks on all of my
folders. What triggers it, as near as I can tell, is
trying to view a message.

I submitted a ticket for this over two weeks ago and
even updated the ticket twice with additional
information but never received a single response to my
request for support. I've been trying to follow
whatever threads I can to find others with similar
problems (and hopefully solutions), but haven't found
anything conclusive.

At this point, I need an email client. If this problem
can't be solved soon I will have to find a different
client, and that REALLY pains me after having used and
loved TB! for about six years now. Even if there is no
solution at this time, I would really like to know
that this problem is being tracked and a fix is in the
works. At least then I'd know to hold out...

-Sam