--- "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" > This morning, when I
opened The Bat!, the
> application (3.5.30) hung and
> refused to load. CPU usage shot to 100% and maxed
> out the available RAM on
> my Sony Vaio P3-1.3/256 MB running WinXP Home SP2.

Because this sounds vagualy like the problems I've
been experiencing, I have a test for you...

Remove all your message bases (just move them
somewhere else, keeping intact the folder structure
and all). In theory, TB! should start up with all of
your message folders empty. The problem I have
involves trying to view emails and if you have a
folder selected by default that has messages in it,
that will also be selected by default, then it will
try and render that message in the preview pane
(assuming you have this turned on). Therefore, by
removing the messages, it should start up with nothing
to render and be just fine... until you try to search
or compose a message.

I may just be grabbing at straws here, so give the
message base thing a try and let us know how it works
out. If that does work, it'll give us more information
and confirmation of my problem, but as yet, there's no
solution. :(

-Sam