Hello List,

seems it's time I need a little help.

I own a class three card reader (ReinerSCT) and an appropriate chip
card. This card includes, among others, an e-mail certificate, which
can be used to S/MIME sign e-mail-messages.

As I intended to finally use it I changed S/MIME configuration to use
"Microsoft Crypto API".

Sadly I wasn't able to sign any e-mail, most probably because I choose
the wrong settings. All I get (after selecting the appropriate key
when I'm asked) is

,-----
| Cannot sign the message
|
| Der registrierte Schlüsselsatz ist nicht definiert
`-----

The German part says "The registered key pair is not defined".

What should I do (not with the drunken sailor *g*), what *can* I do to
make it work? I think I remember I had it working, aeons ago and with
something that still might have been a 1.x release, but might have
been an early 2.x release as well. But I might be wrong. So is anybody
using TB!3 with S/MIME on MS crypto API, driven by a chip card? And if
so: what's the way to go?

Thanks a lot in advance,
--
best regards
Peter Palmreuther

(The Bat! v3.51.9 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2)

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy
me.