Hi Robin,

Monday, August 15, 2005, 5:19:31 AM, you wrote:

> Alien
>
> On Sun 14 August 2005, 01:12:11 +1000, you wrote:
>> Hi TBUDL'ers,
>>
>> How do I prevent TB! from inserting an empty space line between
>> paragraph quotations in replies? This is what it looks like:
>>
>> -------------------
>
> <...snip...>
>
> What do you want it to look like?

Just like the above quote :-) Meaning all the quoted text has at least
a ">" before it and TB! does not add additional empty lines.

I think I have two separate issues here.
1) Empty lines were not preceded by a ">". At first this gives the
impression of TB! adding additional lines but it's just a case where
it did not include the ">". This can be fixed with the
%QuoteEmptyLines macro (thanks MAU!).

2) Empty lines (with no ">") are *added* at the end of paragraphs. I
could not reproduce this with messages I send to myself. It only
happens with a certain user. It has X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook
Express 6.00.2800.1158 on the headers. Could this have anything to do
with it?

As far as I could tell, there is a space character in the empty line
that separates the original paragraphs.

Sentence of first paragraph.
 <= this is a space character
Next paragraph starts.

The above when quoted is transformed into this:

>Sentence of first paragraph.

> <= this is a space character

>Next paragraph starts.

... and I want it to look like this:

--
cheers!
 alien

.. Using The Bat! v3.5.26 on
.. Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 - Service Pack 2