Hello Anthony,

> It worries me a bit that e-mail programs in general seem to make very
> little provision for selectively archiving or restoring message base
> content.  Eventually you end up with tremendously large mailboxes, and
> if there's no way to selectively archive and extract stuff and
> optionally restore it, eventually you're stuck, with or without
> backups.

This is a chronic problem for me, as my situation is the extreme
illustration of this.  There is no efficient way to do this for me,
and I do OFTEN refer back to the archives.  One frequent need is to
refer back to software registration keys from years gone by.  Each new
laptop I get (every 14 months or so) requires I re-install literally
dozens of programs for which I may have received the activation key 5
or more years ago.

--
Warmest tropical wishes,
Spike

Quote for this dialup connection:
"My wife and I were happy for twenty years ....then we met."

/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign - Against HTML Mail
\ /   If it aint a webpage it shouldn't be HTML.
 X    Say NO! to bloatmail - ban HTML mail!
/ \   Ask Spikey, he hates everything (HTML),
      especially the new AOL implementation!

Composed & sent using TheBat! v2.12.00, hamstrung
by Windows XP 5.1, Build 2600 Service Pack 2
on a Toshiba Satellite P25-S5261 / P4-3.2GHz with
2GB RAM / 200GB HDD (100GB X2)