Hallo z5worg,

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 19:22:44 -0400GMT (8-9-2005, 1:22 +0200, where I
live), you wrote:

Z> 1.  What is the difference between Outgoing message and Replied message
Z> filters?

Incoming filters are applied when the message is incoming
Read filters are applied as soon as the message changes from 'read' to 'unread'
Replied filters are being applied when you reply to the message
Outgoing filters are being applied after the message has been sent

Selective download filters are something else, they're being applied
while the message is still on the server.

Z>   e.g. If I want to sort all messages to TBUDL into a separate
Z> folder, some messages (like this one) would be a new message while
Z> others would be replies.  Do I need 2 filters -- one for Outgoing and
Z> one for Replies?

In this case you'll only need a message for outgoing messages.

Z> If not, what are the circumstances that one would put a filter into
Z> Replied Messages?

You get a number of messages that need a reply, but don't have time
for that right now. So you move them to folder called 'Pending', now
you've got this replied filter that moves them out of 'Pending' as
soon as you reply to them.

Z> 2. I have a filter for Outgoing message; and I want that message marked
Z> as UNread. Looking under the Action tab, the only option is to marked it
Z> Read.

That must be a difference between v2 and v3, as I have a 'Mark message
as unread' action immediately below 'Mark as read'

Z> Anyway, is there a way to get TB to mark a filtered Outgoing
Z> message as UNread?

Upgrade to v3?
You could try to 'mark as read', maybe it's just toggling the read
status, but I don't know, it's been awhile since I used v2.

--
Groetjes, Roelof

WINDOWS is to computing what Etch-a-Sketch is to art.

The Bat! 3.61.03 beta
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
1 pop3 account, server on LAN
OTFE enabled
P4 3GHz
2 GB RAM