Hello K. Shantanu  & everyone else,

on 03-Okt-2005 at 05:25 you (K. Shantanu ) wrote:

> A friend of mine has windows XP, Mobile Pentium 4 , 2,2Ghz , 512MB RAM
> 40GB HDD has around 1.5 Gb of mails (approx. 50k messages) in around 4
> accounts. But his The Bat! 2.00.6 si very slow to start and stop. He is
> getting tired with his delay and is planning to shift to another email
> client which can gracefully handle that load. Can we suggest a few tricks
> to make the bat! handle that load easily?

The most obvious thing to start with would be a folder maintenance. It
should be run regularly (menu "Folder", item "Maintenance Center").

TB is storing messages in a database. When you delete or move messages,
this database will get an increasing number of "holes". Folder maintenance
can compress the database, thus close the "holes", and make the files
smaller.

 Alexander (http://www.neurowerx.de - ICQ 238153981)