On 11/24/05, Alexander S. Kunz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello Jeff Gaines & everyone else,
>
> on 24-Nov-2005 at 18:49 you (Jeff Gaines) wrote:
>
> >> try using the dispatcher. the problem i used to have was a message with
> >> a virus which would never get downloaded and would show up every check.
> >> you can find it in the dispatcher and delete it there.
>
> I never had a hanging download with TB. I get only very few virus mails,
> but I do believe that these hangs have nothing to do with TB, but with a
> local virus scanner.

About 1.5 years ago, I had problems downloading email with
TB. It was a virus email, and I do not use a local virus
scanner. Dispather dealt with it, though. When I examined
the packet traffic, it seemed TB got stuck on some headers.
Probably some mime header exploit that affected TB as well.
I haven't had this happen since I restarted using TB, though.

--
WL