On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 01:14:17 +0200 GMT, SD wrote:

> Off late my TB has become rather slow, as the number of emails keep
> increasing. Now I have around 80,000 emails accumalted over last
> several years.

> I keep upgrading to new version of TB, but still slow. I don't have
> virus in my PC either.
> I run TB maintenance regularly also.

> Any clue, how it can be improved? Is there any convenient way/format
> to archive emails from TB.

I've read the other replies to your post and thought that I might as
well reply as well ;).

I run The Bat! on my laptop 3Ghz, fast disk and 768mb ram, I have 7
accounts (POP3) of which 3 are active every day. All the accounts
totals up to about 240.000 mails.

I have no problems with speed, and have not had for some time, and I
only run maintenance once or twice every month.
But maybe it is relative?

of seconds and closing The Bat! only takes 10 seconds or so.
Short times compared to lots of other applications (Photoshop, Word,
etc...).

Just my story, I have no advice, but I think that it is a bit sad to
have to displace all the mails to gain speed ;(.

And by the way, I run Bayes Filter Plugin if that matters ;).

--
/Fredrik

The Bat! 3.62.14 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2