Hello Robert D. & everyone else,

on 29-Dez-2005 at 18:13 you (Robert D.) wrote:

> when I hit reply to that original (recent) Mica email, the status area
> shows Cyrillic (Windows) not KOI8-R as I would expect.

Odd. Did you disable all the custom reply templates you're using? I'm using
a standard reply template with only few modifications (to add the comment
and x-rogue header, no fancy things with re-flowing or whatever).

> And when I drop it in the Outbox, I see my headers and charset:

> which IS what the status bar area showed. However, TB did not encode as
> the replied-to message was (charset)

When you view the message, press ALT+5 or use the right-button menu and
select "charset / auto detect" (thats what I'm doing). I don't know where
else one could fiddle with the charset for replies.

 Alexander (http://www.neurowerx.de - ICQ 238153981)

The effort to understamnd the universe is one of the very few things
that lift human life a little above the level of farce, and give it
some of the grace of tragedy. -- Steven Weinberg