Selon "Richard H. Stoddard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I was just reading PCWorld's review of BitDefender, and am wondering
> how well the AV and anti-spam apps work with TB!. Is there a plugin
> for the AV? I'm currently using Avast Professional and have generally
> been satisfied with it. I'm not prone to switching just based on one
> review, but am wondering whether anyone has had experience with either
> BitDefender AV or antispam apps.

I just tested the 10 most awarded AV for my CIE last month.

BitDefender seems to be a very good product. I tested the Internet Security
Version that includes a firewall, an AV, an antispyware and parental control.

Note that the AV module takes a lot of CPU resources if you keep the default
options. The resident AV module has to be tuned...

For work with TB, BitDefender AV module cause troubles in receipt. It seems that
all mails are wall receipt, but your logs grow cause of messages about trouble
with pop protocol. I asked Ritlabs support for help, but no answer except an
answer saying to increase the time out delay. But problems go on...

Bitdefender Softwin has no answer too about thos problem.

In end, note that the antispam module of Internet Security Version of
bitdefender is to aggressive, even if you tune to minimum filter... And the
Bayesian system is static with TB, it doesn't learn with new mails : this
feature works well only with outlook.

After several deep tests of the top 10 of AV, I've chosen G DATA Antivirus Kit
2006 for these reasons :
It is well reviewed and awarded.
It finds all the viruses and spywares introduced in the test computer. Resident
is reactive and scan is efficient. Note that This AV uses ebgine of kaspersky +
engine of bitdefender !!! Dual technology without decrease of CPU and RAM.
It is cheaper than the others.
It does not consume too much resources.
The support helps you if you have questions.
It works well with TB : I didn't find any bug or troubles using TB with
AntivirusKit of G Data.

The only thing that is not good with G data is that you can test the product but
you can't update the definitions with the trial version... (Note that with
definitions out of date, G Data find viruses not detected by others up to
date...)

Others products tested by me are : Bitdefender, Nod32, Panda Titanium, Steganos,
Kaspersky, Grisoft AV Pro, AVAST.

Here is my ranking as a user of TB :
Gdata AntivirusKit 2006
Bitdefender AV Pro (InternetSecurity version is to loud)
Steganos (same as kaspersky but cheaper)
Nod32
AVG (for the plugin, but not for is bad detection (more than 10 viruses and
spywares not detected)
AVAST (not so bat for a free AV : excellent as resident, a little bad for
detected old viruses on the HDD)

Bye,

-- WilWilWil
(hope delimiter is ok via webmail)