Hello Thomas,

TF> Does it always happen at the same message?

The problem started when it was checking the mail for a password protected
account. Once the problem occurred, it even happened before I could open the
password-protected account.

MP>> The only way to get it working again is: log off/on or restart Windows.

TF> This seems to indicate that my theory is wrong, but please let us know
TF> anyway.

Due to a problem with my provider who hosts my .com address I didn't receive
any messages addressed to my .com - mail address during the weekend and I
deleted the only message that hadn't been deleted automatically on their
server (because there was no rule that instructed it to).

Mail to my .be, .gmail, .fastmail addresses came through.
Since the time I sent the message (it seems to have needed some days to get
to the list), the problem didn't occur.

--
Best Wishes,
Mark