Hello tbudl,

I frequently change from a fast internet connection to a mobile
connection and back. Because on the fast line I want to check often
and get mails at once while on the mobile connection I want to check
less frequent and only headers I need to do the following every time I
change my connection:

- go to Account A -> Properties
- change the "check mail every" from 2min to 15min
- check "Mail Dispatcher: use every time"

- go to Account B -> Properties
- disable the "check mail every" because this account does not need to
  be checked on the road
- check "Mail Dispatcher: use every time" in case I accidentally hit
  "Alt-F2"

This is really annoying. I think I already asked if there is a better
way to do this when I was new to TB!, and since then I did not find a
good solution.

I could think about the following solution:

- Possibility to create different "scenarios":
  - a standard scenario (just like now, with the basic settings for my
    accounts)
  - additional scenarios containing different settings for my
    accounts, only different where I specified a different value
    (somehow "extending" my default scenario, just like in object
    orientated programming)
- E.g. a toolbar button or menu to select which scenario to use right
  now (just like viewmodes)
- A toolbar button to deactivate automatic checking no matter what I
  have set in my account. This is to avoid accidental downloading of
  that huge attachment over a mobile GPRS-line where the transfer
  costs per kB are still unbelievably high.

Would anyone need this? I'd prefer to check the need for such a
solution before posting a wish to the developers.

--
Martin
TB! 3.72.05 (Beta) on Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2