Hallo Laura,

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 11:48:32 -0700GMT (21-6-2006, 20:48 , where I
live), you wrote:

A> wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to add fields to the
A> address book or redefine existing fields.

IIRC Robin Anston once posted something like that.
You can use the memo field for that. The memo field can contain
multiple Lines (I don't know whether there's a limit), so basically
you can insert tags and extract them with the %ABToMemo macro and some
regexp.
Your memo field could look like this:

OctosNo: 11111111
OctosRank: Captain
OctosZone: Antarctica

--
Groetjes, Roelof

Dogmatism: Puppyism come to its full growth.

The Bat! 3.80.06
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
1 pop3 account, server on LAN
OTFE enabled
P4 3GHz
2 GB RAM