Hello MikeD (2) & everyone else,

on 10-Okt-2006 at 13:35 you (MikeD (2)) wrote:

> I suspect that the problem is that it is a 'hosted' email, that is, it
> is not an '@gmail.com' address, but a different 'domain' that is being
> serviced by gmail.

I have no idea what you mean with this. As far as I know you can specify
different outgoing mailaddresses (which is problemating due to various
spam filtering techniques like reverse lookups and SPF), but I wouldn't
know how to process incoming email from with the gmail account (other
than a forwarder - gmail has no POP3 collector service that you can use
to retrieve other accounts... or at least mine hasn't).

Other than that, try to use a regular connection for POP3 instead of
STARTTLS.

 Alexander (http://www.neurowerx.de)

Stocks have reached what looks like a permanently high plateau.
--Irving Fisher, Professor of Economics, Yale University, 1929