Mica,

Monday, October 23, 2006, 12:43:42 AM, you wrote:

MM> Oh, you will. (-: Besides, it's easier, and safer, if you put into
an
MM> encrypted container both the Mail and TheBat folder (if you are only
MM> user of the Bat/machine), since this way if someone "unauthorized"
MM> triggers the shortcut (if s/he finds it in Start Menu), tBat will
not
MM> start.

I can only put my mail folders there, since my wife occasionally uses
my computer as well. She would prefer to use Outlook, but she's
getting more comfortable with TB, so I don't want to do anything to
make that more difficult.

MM> You're welcome, this is the place for it, and I am besides right now
MM> preparing quite similar www "tutorials" for my
correspondents/friends,
MM> so they can manage when I am not "accessible".

I look forward to seeing that. I still have a lot to learn. I know
enough to use pgp/gpg, but would like to learn more so I know how to
correct problems down the road, better choose among options, etc.

MM> When you uninstall PGP, look after PGP*.* files in your OS|System
MM> folders, since all the chances are that they will not be deleted
during
MM> the process. Also check the Registry
(HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PGP)
MM> since PGP likes to leave its...PGPberries all around. This should be
MM> deleted too.

For now I plan to just let it "sleep". My PGP key is still out there,
and I occasionally get something encrypted to it; so far all I've ever
received are test messages, but who knows - maybe someday someone will
actually send me something substantive. :-)

- --
Thanks,
Rick