Hallo Tom,

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 22:03:12 +1100GMT (22-11-2006, 12:03 , where I
live), you wrote:

T> I do think though that there is probably a more elegant way available
T> with TB?  Is it possible to "link" a signature to a recipient in the
T> addressbook? So each time I send an email to Joe Bloke my signature
T> will automatically be A and if it is going to Jane Doe my signature
T> will be B? If this can be done (by macro?), I would appreciate any
T> assistance especially if it is geared to Non-Macro Experts.

There are different approaches to this problem.
You could use AB templates, either personal or group templates and in
those AB templates you can define any signature you want.
Another option would be to create a couple of QTs each only containing
a signature, let's call them sig1, sig2, sig3, etc with sig1 being
your general signature.
Now you take one of the AB fields that you don't use, in this example
I use the personal fax field.
In this fax field you enter the name of the signature QT that you want
to use for this contact, unless you want to use your general sig1 in
that case you can leave the fax field empty.
At the location of the signature you place this macro:
%QT(%ABToFax="sig1")
The %QT() macro inserts a QT
%ABToFax copies the contents of the personal fax field from the AB
entry of the address in the To: header to the message body
The construction %ABToFax="sig1" means that when the %ABToFax macro
doesn't retrieve any data sig1 will be inserted, this happens when
there is nothing in the personal fax field or when there is no AB
entry for the intended recipient.
So the full construct %QT(%ABToFax="sig1") will insert the signature
QT that you've mentioned in the fax field, unless you've got no
signature defined for that recipient and then it'll take the general
signature.

--
Groetjes, Roelof

Hi, I'm a tagline.  When I grow up I'm gonna be a novel!
http://www.voormijalleen.nl/
The Bat! 3.86.06 ALPHA (beta)
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
1 pop3 account, server on LAN
OTFE enabled
P4 3GHz
2 GB RAM