Hi Mark,

On Sunday, 03 December, 2006 at 10:39:52 AM you wrote:

> [...]

Mark>>>> Go back to .03.

>>> I returned - but the problem still exist :(

MM>>   Yes, it's been a problem for a long time through many versions. My
MM>>   problem was also 40tude, but also Atlantis Wordprocessor.

> Specific with that (those) programs then? Sorry, I don't use those...

Well, since I use them both a lot, those are the ones I see affected,
so I included that info in case the problem had something to do with
their 'compatibility' with TB!

> I suppose the problem won't have anything to do with this, then:

> ,------/ from a message in TBBETA \----
> |  I had the same problem on my machine.  The new Alphas (Betas?) destroy
> |  Mapi32.dll and cause the following problems.
> |
> |  a) cannot send mail from programs like MSWord, Corel, Power Point etc
> |  b) destroy the ability of RIM Blackberry software to work correctly on
> |  my machine.
> |  c) causes instability on the machine in general
> |
> |  If this problem could be resolved, I think the Alpha will work well.
> |
> |  In the meantime, here is a fix that I've used that works extremely
> |  well.
> |
> |  Tools to fix the mapi32.dll file
> |
> |  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813602
> `-----8<-------

> Personally, I did not have the above problem. Going back from .07 or .08 to
> .03 solved them problem for me.

There was a small discussion with Marek a few months ago about this
MAPI problem, but it wasn't exactly as you described. I have had
problems with the MAPI interface with all programs from Esoteric
Technologies, and Rising Sun Solutions, as well as 40tude, where the
program freezes (window of program becomes blank, white screen). The
change with the last few betas of TB! added that the new email doesn't
even open. In 3.80.06, if you try to email a document from within Open
Office, the Microsoft product opens.

The fix mentioned in the TBBETA message you quoted talks about Outlook
which I don't have on my system, so I'm not sure how it could help me.
Thank you for trying, Mark. :-)

--

Regards,
  Maggie

It's a noble goal that science should be apolitical, acultural, and
asocial, but it can't be, because it's done by people who are all
those things. -Mae Jemison